January 1, 2013

Christmas


Oh how I love Christmas!  I love the way my family gathers for days before and after Christmas.  I love the look on my children's faces Christmas morning.  I love the laughter, smiles, and conversations all through our home.  I love the way the house looks and smells! Yep, I LOVE Christmas.  
 This year we didn't go to the tree farm like we have in years past.  Reid had just gotten out of the hospital and we just didn't want to take him out and about just yet.  Rico brought a tree home from Lowes and I loved (Yes, I may use this word excessively during this post even though as a teacher I know better) it because it was a frasier fur.  We don't have frasier fur trees at our local tree farms because frasiers don't grow in south Georgia.  We also grabbed a few fresh wreaths and it all created an amazing holiday smell in our home.
We took the boys on a nature walk along the woods near our house and we were able to snag a few goodies to decorate the tree and dining table.  Our goodies mainly consisted of pine cones but we did find a great vine to weave in the tree.  I knew I wouldn't pull out all the Christmas decorations this year and I was really fond of the concept, "Less is MORE".  Hot glue some rope to a few ornaments, a can of white spray paint and BAM decorations are done!
 


 
 Last year's hand prints. :)
 
 
The boys spent much of Christmas Eve tracking Santa and trying to determine just how late they could stay up.  After the reindeer food was sprinkled and the coke and cookies were set out it was off to bed.  We always put a coke and cookies out for the big guy!  Santa needs a little "pick me up" for that long night.  I could hear those sweet whispers and giggles coming from down the hall until about 11:00!!  My guys are so silly and usually sleep in until at least 8:00 or 8:30 on Christmas morning.  I'm usually impatiently waiting with coffee made and camera in hand.  And as always, that jolly ole' fella didn't disappoint this year!  I laughed after getting a good look at our tree.  Between the monster trucks and fishing poles sticking out of the tree, it's definitely evident that boys live here. 
 Our elf, Simon was a real hoot this year!  He had to trap the boys in their room Christmas eve before returning to the North Pole. :)
 
 I think Santa enjoyed the coke and cookies! Only part of one cookie left.


Christmas morning always goes by so fast but I love to see these faces! Oh the wonder of Christmas!


 
 
 


 


We threw the table together really fast, which I love, with some butcher paper, burlap (of course!), pine branches, and pine cones!!  My aunt brought the adorable reindeer down from NC for an early Christmas gift!  He's so stinkin' cute I'm leaving him out after Christmas too!
 
My mom's side of the family is from England.  So, Christmas crackers always make their way to our holiday table.  We grab them turn to a partner, pull, and POP!  They are filled with little goodies that usually get a good laugh, this year the "diamond" watch seemed to be a hit amongst the ladies! Ha!  The tissue paper crowns are a must and pictures are absolutely necessary!  Reid fell asleep in his highchair during Christmas dinner, who could blame him with that exciting morning, so he's not in the crown photos.  Next year you aren't getting out of it Reidster!


 
 
 
 One last surprise gift in the apartment downstairs!  They LOVED it!
 
 
P.S. I let the boys stay in their pajamas all day! ;)
 


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful morning .... your boys are adorable! I love your tree & decorations - simple, yet pretty :o)Your home looked wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome Christmas! Your decorations are just beautiful...I may be stealing a few of your ideas for next year! The paper crowns are hilarious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your decorations!!! Your boys are so precious.....we do those poppers too...and wear those crazy hats too. Hope to see you all soon.

    ReplyDelete