November 1, 2014

Pumpkin Carving

 

I have to admit….

I LOVE PUMPKINS!!!

I have white ones, bluish/gray ones, traditional orange ones, fake ones, real ones, painted ones…  See?  I can’t wait for October when I start filling our home and porches with pumpkins! 

As much as I love to admire them around our home, I love seeing these sweet fellas carving pumpkins.  We dug into the orange pumpkins that sit on the front porch Wednesday night. 

IMG_9201

Reid usually cautiously approaches new things and slimy pumpkin parts would be no exception except his teachers at school carved a class pumpkin that day as well.  He had a preview to this fun activity so that helped when convincing him to just dive in with both hands!

IMG_9204_1 IMG_9206

IMG_9207

The big brothers cracked my up with their carving.  Spencer meticulously carved his jack-o-lantern complete with a dimple on one side of the mouth just like he himself has.

IMG_9221

IMG_9232

Briggs, on the other hand, went after his pumpkin stabbing it to add “hair” and a “beard”.  He also thought it needed a mole beside the nose just like “Nana Bug’s boo boo” (Reid points out my mom’s mole as her boo boo every time he sees her).

IMG_9212

IMG_9233_1

It was a great afternoon…

IMG_9210

IMG_9209 IMG_9230 IMG_9238

IMG_9218

IMG_9219

IMG_9216 IMG_9217

IMG_9235

Unfortunately, I became ill Thursday night and Reid started running a fever and feeling bad on Friday.  So, no trick or treating for us on Halloween, which also means I missed out on pictures and costumes!  So, we’ve decided to dress anyway and at least ring Nana Bug and GrandDadE’s doorbell tomorrow.  Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment