August 20, 2012

Back To School

School is back and it's in full swing around here! It actually seems like we've been "back at it" for a while now.  It takes me some time to get my classroom back in order every summer. I'm blaming my blog slacking and well, all my slacking on my classroom. :)  This is what I walked into after returning from vacation.






And after a lot of hard work later...





Chester Raccoon from The Kissing Hand! :) We love him!



I just LOVE new school supplies!

Spencer and Briggs were excited to start the new year!  Spencer is in fifth grade this year!!!  This is the last year he will be at my school.  Middle school is right around the corner now!  He has sweet Mrs. Wilson for his teacher this year! 

Rico walked the boys to class the first day to snap photos.  I'm always so busy greeting my new kindergarteners. :(  At least I get to see the great photos!

Briggs is in second grade this year and he has Mrs. Johnson.  He brought home the cutest note from her when he went to Open House.  He couldn't wait to get into it!


"Lots of questions go through your mind,
All types of thoughts of every kind.

But sometimes we all get the jitters down deep
And that makes it hard to fall fast asleep.

So I've made this magic confetti for you.
Full of promises for the whole year through.

On Tuesday night when you lay down your head,
Just sprinkle some under your pillow in bed.

The confetti will help you sleep through the night
And wake up in the morning fresh and bright.

I'll sprinkle the confetti under my pillow, too
Because I am so super excited to see you!

Sweet Dreams Second Grader!
Love,
Mrs. Johnson"
All ready to put these under his pillow!  Isn't this the cutest idea?  I'm totally stealing borrowing this one!  He's definitely loving her class!


Welcome back to school everyone!

1 comment:

  1. $&@king Amazing!!!!!
    Sorry for the inappropriate word but that's what I said to myself when I saw that beautiful learning environment for your kindergarteners!!!!
    Emma starts kindergarten and I can only hope that she has a classroom as special as yours to go into everyday! Wow! Wow! Wow!
    Welcome back to school boys!!!
    I don't start until after Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete