February 1, 2012

My Sweet Spencer

My Dear, Sweet Spencer,

    I sat down with you tonight to look through some of your school work and I want you to know how proud I am of you!!!  You surprise me more and more each day!  I can't believe how smart you are baby!  You remind me so much of Papa Mason and Papa Ridley.  I LOVE how you love to learn.  I'm also in love with the fact that you want to be a history teacher just like your Papa Mason.  I use to worry that your transition to public school may not be so easy.  I think I tried to shelter you and your brother for so long.  You proved me wrong, Spence!  You have transitioned over really well, made lots of friends, and kept a straight "A" report card.  You are such a gentle, lovable guy!  You have been really excited about your newest baby brother.  I can always count on you to come entertain him for a second if I need to get something done.  I love to watch you interact with both your brothers.  Always remember that they are looking up at you.  They are watching you to see what you will say, what you will do, how you will react.  Big job...huh?  God made you the oldest for a reason! You're amazing!  I know we have our little sayings about how much I love each of you.  Yours...."I love you all the way to the moon and back!" doesn't even touch how I really feel.  You gave me the best gift of my life sweet boy...YOU made me a mom!  I use to dream of the day when I could finally become a mom and you gave me that title!  I'm noticing everyday that you are becoming more and more independent.  When Briggs and Reid are right under my feet you are usually off doing something independently.  I'm trying to let you be because I know you are growing up.  You turned 9 this past summer and it hit me in 9 more years you may be gone trying to start the next chapter in your life.  Whew! Can't think about that now though! Ha!  Right now you are a bike riding, baseball loving, football watching, chess playing, book reading little boy and I will enjoy every minute of it as long as I can!  Always listen to what is deep inside of you.  You can do anything you put your mind to!

How much do I love you?  All the way to the moon and back!

Love,
Momma






You were my potato bug!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment