July 1, 2012

BULLET Proof...I mean BOY Proof!

"OMG!! You have white furniture?"
"What are you thinking with three boys?"
"You are SO brave!"


This is what I hear sometimes when people come to our home.  Ready for my dirty little secret? White bleaches!  My white furniture is completely WASHABLE! Ahhh yes I've wanted white, washable, slipcovered furniture for quite some time and now we finally have it.  I LOVE IT!  It's actually white denim and we all know how strong denim is. ;)  So....washable + denim = Bullet Proof and Boy Proof! 

My filthy precious little boys are always plopping down and kicking back on this furniture which is exactly how it should be.  I don't want my kids growing up thinking they could never sit down.  However, I have steared them in the direction of the pool for a quick splash off after a game of basketball before.  Don't judge...they were drenched in nasty sweat.  You know the kind that shows how dirty they are?  It turns to mud across their cheeks as it drips down from their foreheads....Oh yeah...that is nasty sweat!

When the dirt does show, and it will, this is what I find...

I have a chocolate milk drinker in the house! ;) 

Here is my muscle!  I use bleach to clean a lot of my white in our home but the Oxi Clean is really working the best on the slipcovers.  I go around and pretreat any stains before I rip the covers off and toss them in the wash!  Clean, bright slipcovers = Happy Mom! 

I thought we would probably need to wash the slipcovers once a month...WRONG!  I've been washing them at least every other week, sometimes sooner.  Good news!  They are holding up great! ;)


Other bullet/boy proof furniture should look like this!
I love this old dresser that sits near our kitchen area.  The top of it is so worn there is hardly any paint left and the wood has aged so that it resembles something that was left outside for ages.  My kind of furniture!  I like things around our home that look better after my boys have gotten to them.  Our floors are another example of that.  One day our guys will grow up and leave the nest and I'll always be able to see the dings and scratches that meant a family full of boys were raised here....driving toy cars around, walking in ball cleats, and bouncing balls all over the place. 

Oh, by the way Mom, Nanny's pan made her pound cake recipe perfection!!!  It came out flawlessly!  I'm tossing the other pan...should have known it would have to be done in her pan. 




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!!!! I also wanted to comment on those three handsome boys in your previous post!!! I love all those pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how family-friendly and yet still beautiful your house is!

    ReplyDelete