October 25, 2012

11 months :)

Ahhhhhhh! I had this post saved and never realized I didn't publish it.  EEK!  Well here it is.... better late than never!
 
Eleven months old now with a birthday right around the corner!  I'm trying to put it all together, plus work, plus get Spencer and Briggs to every practice and game scheduled, plus schedule Reid's sleep study and next appointments to Johns Hopkins (he's getting an MRI this next time), plus, plus, plus!!!!
Reid is doing great!  He's really got that head control thing down now. :) He's rolling all around and turning in different directions while on his tummy.  I'm thinking crawling may be somewhere in the near future (fingers crossed). 
 
 I celebrate every one of Reid's accomplishments like I've never seen a baby accomplish it before.  In some ways, it's like he's my first.  I know that sounds weird, but his development has been quite different than my other two.  I was really worried that he wouldn't be sitting up enough to tear into his first birthday cake.  I was already going over things in my head...how I would hold the cake instead and bring it closer in toward him.  Well, this past week he began sitting up from a reclined position (it was like baby crunches!) and feeding himself without my help!  He LOVES to grab things with the pincher grasp and plunk them into his mouth.  But, I have been handing those things (PUFFS :) ) to him.  Now I can cut different foods up and place them on his highchair tray instead of handing them over!  I'm telling you, the first time I saw him do this I was so excited that my dad had to tell me to take it down a smidge and not make Reid laugh while he had food in his mouth!! LOVE IT!!! :)) So, cake smashing here we come!!!

 

We took Reid into the front yard with Fairbanks Jr. to snap a few photos in hopes that a great shot could be used in his birthday invites.  Well, you know how it goes.  Give him a bottle and a nap, all should be great...AND...serious baby it is.  Go figure!  He's adorable any way he models. :)  I totally crack up seeing the shots of Rico trying to take his thumb out of his mouth.  He is such a THUMB SUCKER!!!



 
Serious thumb sucking going on here...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment