October 25, 2012

ONE!

Dearest Reid,
       I can't believe that a year has already found us.  Last night we stayed up later than usual and I couldn't help but think about where we were a year ago.  It's funny how as the hours passed I relived each memory as if it were yesterday.  As I crawled into bed and the clock stuck 12:00 midnight I thought about how a year ago we were checking into the hospital and the fear was dominating my every thought.
       This morning I woke up at 6:00 am.  You were born at 6:14 am.  Our house was very quiet this morning as I watched you sleeping.  You slept so peacefully and something about the rhythmic pattern of your breathing brings me so much comfort and joy.  You are here baby boy!  You are a miracle to our family!  I want you to know that you were destined to be mine since the very thought of another baby crossed my mind.  Life is an amazing thing.  It changes with the wind and sometimes when you least expect it, something beautiful can bloom. 
 
       We have been super busy trying to prepare for your first birthday bash!  Today was full of football games and baseball practices but we were able to squeeze in some cake smashing! ;) (I was determined for you to eat cake on this day!) By the way...I pray you get my perseverance! 

 
 I just love your facial expressions sometimes!!  Here I imagine you're thinking... "Alright, this chair means food, bring on the FOOD!"
 
Happy birthday to YOU!!! Happy birthday to you!  Happy birthday dear Reid..Happy birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!

 
 
 A little help....
 This cracks me up!!!  Briggs blew the candle out too quickly so I asked them to all pose as if they were still blowing it out so I could get the shot.  Again, Reid's expression!!!
 
While my men were posing as requested, the Reidster decides to take a swipe of frosting!  Go ahead and dig in baby!!  Reid, we laughed and laughed about this one! :)
 





 





The vultures came...

 Reid, I hope you have had a wonderful birthday...partying right around the corner buddy!  I love you more than you'll ever know!
 
-Momma
 


2 comments:

  1. Happy First Birthday Reid!!!! Lots of love being sent your way from Long Island!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday handsome Reid! What a blessing you are!!

    ReplyDelete