November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween 2012


I think it may very well be one of my favorite holidays...HALLOWEEN!  It may be that I begin to believe it's really fall when this spooky night rolls around each year!  Or, is it that I love to see my favorite guys dressed up in crazy costumes?  Halloween usually means fun!  Who likes a little fun?! Guilty!  Last year, Reid was still in the NICU so I dressed my big boys in costumes and ran up to the hospital to hang out with my precious newborn.  So, since he really didn't get to "dress up" last year this year was exciting!  Call him a rooster or a chicken...either way he was ADORABLE!  We had Reid's first birthday party this past weekend (pics are coming soon) and since I have been consumed with the party our "looks" were a little last minute.  Either way Halloween is a fun night and this year was no different!
Love this!  The boys had just let us know that they would not be smiling because they had on beards! Ha!
 
 Briggs decided last week that he wanted to be a viking.  Spencer was undecided and thought he might not even dress up this year....um....what!?  No, no, no, no that will not work.  We must dress up in this family.  Reid and I made a quick run to the costume store while Rico took the boys to practice this week.  I was really on the prowl for a viking beard but came across an "Old School Rapper" ensemble.  I thought Spencer wouldn't mind throwing that on with a hoodie and heading out the door with us.  Wrong.  He took one look at it, laughed, and announced he wouldn't be wearing that! He mentioned something on Sunday about possibly being a viking as well.  I had already begun putting together Reid's and Briggs' costumes and time was running out.  But sure enough. in true Chmielewski style, Rico and I ran around like crazy people on Halloween day, on our lunch breaks I must add, trying to find "stuff" to make a viking. 
 Viking 1
 Viking 2
 
And  just because my husband didn't want a good "Old School Rapper" costume to go to waste...
 Thanks babe!
 
So, there you have it...two vikings and a rooster!
 
 
Just in case you were wondering, bath mats make great "fur" for viking vests, throws, and boots! ;)
 

 
I would love to coordinate our costumes but with the age gap in these boys I don't know if that will be happening or not.  Maybe I should start thinking now for next year's "looks"! :)
Happy Halloween from the Chmielewskis!


 


1 comment: