January 13, 2012

GrandDadE's Bud

       I didn't think going back to work and leaving Reid would be easy.  Just before I got pregnant with Reid, we had been thinking about where the baby would go when I returned back to work.  The answer came like the biggest gift I could have gotten the entire pregnancy.  My dad retired just as we found out baby number three was on the way.  My dad, "GrandDadE" (and yes, that is how we spell it!) offered to keep our baby at our house when the time came to return to work.  Can you believe that?! I don't know many grandads who would do such a thing!
       Now, Reid is still very young so the transition hasn't been flawless.  We are still working on a great day schedule for him and GrandDadE.  As I've mentioned before, Reid can definately "speak up" when he doesn't agree with something.  I don't want to say that Rico and I ignore Mr. Reid...but, we aren't always going to jump at the second he begins crying.  My sweet daddy has been walking the floors with him and just yesterday I found out he didn't even eat lunch.  WHAT?! No, no, no...that just will not work.  So, we've got a bit of a "Whip Reid Into Shape Bootcamp" going on this weekend (love that it's a 3 day weekend by the way!) and fingers crossed Tuesday will be better! 
       I am extremely blessed to have the amazing parents I have.  I know most people think they have the best parents in the world...but, I REALLY do have THE best!  I could never say "Thank You!" enough to my wonderful parents.  They are always there for me.  I hope one day Spencer, Briggs and Reid view Rico and I just as I view my amazing mom and dad!!  I love you both so much!!!
GrandDadE and Reid

GrandDadE and Spencer

GrandDadE and Nana Bug with Briggs

GrandDadE and Briggs

Nana Bug and Briggs

Spence and GrandDadE



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! Grandparents are the BEST! Good luck with Reid's "bootcamp!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha! I can totally relate! We have a little tendency to spoil Owen and Drew too. That may be a bit of an understatement. Good Luck all around with the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously I have tears in my eyes with those pics! Eddie's father also watched Lyla when I went back to work. She was 3 1/2 months old and he was retired just like your dad! Eddie's dad said he didn't feel comfortable with anyone watching her but him! It's great to have support!

    ReplyDelete